Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Keeper of My Heart



On Memorial Weekend of 2008 we headed out for some flounder fishing on the Assawomen Bay. We drifted off of a small island behind 9th street and I hooked into a big flattie. When it crested the surface I knew it was my biggest ever but was it a keeper. With the new flounder regulations set at 17 and 1/2 inches I wasn't sure but as we measured it I was proud to have landed the Happy Ours first keeper at 18 and 1/2 inches. I fileted it with a little help from some old fisherman friends and wrapped it in the crabmeat from the crabs we caught the day before. It was one great meal that made me feel like a Marylander. Check out a variety of the catches we've had in our Happy Ours Fish Pics Gallery http://picasaweb.google.com/mattworks88/FishPics#

No comments:

Post a Comment