Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Who's having the Best (Fishing) Week ever?



We did on the Happy Ours for the first week in July. 33 Flounder were caught but it was the one that got away that might have made the paper. Todd, Tony, Brice, Gary and I (Matt) all were on the boat on July 9th when we caught 14 flounder and a blue. Todd was knocking them dead on live minnows and the occasional Gulp bait. He ended up catching almost half of the boat's total. It was on my line that I felt stuck to the bottom until I felt my line flutter. This was a big fish. It took a few minutes to reel it in and once it got to the surface we new she was a keeper. Todd grabbed the net and tried his best to nab it but just like that the line snapped and under the boat she went. I almost threw my rod to the sea in anger as I pictured my mug disappearing from the pages of the Coastal Fisherman much like the photo in Back to the Future. It looks like it's time for bigger rods, higher test and a bigger net. All and all it was a great week but no keepers...maybe we'll save that for the Flounder Pounder in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment