Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

From the DNR Anglers Log Post:

Seth McCauley, Recreational Angler


North East, Md


Total Reports: 3


View all reports by Seth McCauley →


Posted on October 20, 2011
Permalink


NEW REPORT


Trolling Success


Type: Chesapeake


Region: North Central


Location: Mouth of Patapsco River


While I normally fish the Susquehanna flats with my uncle, I was invited to fish with my friends Greg and Matt Ferenschak on Wednesday evening - 10/19/11. While we have all fished together before, we have not had much success, this all changed last night. Matt and Greg had been experimenting with trolling and I was there to learn. Using a lead head with a sassy shad and a husky jerk as well as rattle traps, we started off trolling 4 then 6 lines, but with no luck. We then moved around the Key Bridge and had two rock strike at the same time. Greg was able to reel in a 22 inch while Matt brought in a nice 19 inch. A while passed and I was able to bring in a 24 inch. We had a few smalls as well. You could not have asked for a nicer evening on the water and each of us catching a keeper was icing on the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment