Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Working Out the Blues.

On Memorial Day weekend I kept hearing that Blues were in the bay. I also have heard how easy the are to catch. When they are biting in a frenzy yes they are easy to catch but other times it can be harder than you'd expect. I went out by myself to the inlet where snapper blues were snapping all around me amongst some feeding gulls. I emptied my tackle box trying to catch them but couldn't covert. I decided to switch it up and head to the Route 50 bridge as the tide had slowed. I tried jigging a Roy Rig at the pilings and BAMMM. The bluefish hit hard and I landed 5 in a few minutes as the tide had just begun to move. It was quite satisfying considering how hard I worked to get them to bite. I enjoyed them as smoked fish dip later in the week. Two myths busted in my mind; bluefish aren't always super easy to catch and when prepared fresh and properly they taste great. 

1 comment: